Sunday, January 31, 2010

Once Again...


I am not an organized person. Nothing I do could in any way be expressed with the words ‘structure’ or ‘orderly’. Any item I may need in the next six months (or have used in the past six months) must be within reach for when I need it (never mind that I can’t possibly find most of what I need hidden among all the other objects I might need). It’s not as if I’m lazy (okay, sometimes it’s EXACTLY that I am lazy) it’s more that I simply do not want to get up to retrieve an article when I want it. That is why my computer desk and my bedroom night stand is crammed full of books, magazines, dvds, cds, photos, meds, and so on and so on. I’ll come up with an excuse for why the rest of the house is in constant disarray at a later date.

Have I mentioned how easily distracted I am?

I mention my lack of clutter-busting skills to explain away my absence over the last few weeks. One of my goals this year is to get organized, my computer, my home and, hopefully, my mind as well. There are kits hidden away amidst photos, finished scrap pages, unfinished scrap pages, fonts and so much more, I have never used simply because I forgot I had them. I have clothes bunched up in my closet I haven’t worn for the same reason. I want to launch my own shop by this February 14th (not next year) and there is just no way I can commit myself to running any type of business without putting my belongings in order.

During the month of January, I put time and money into this beast of a machine (if you’ve read me at all, you know how much I’ve hated this computer) and it is now running wonderfully. I have a new disc burner, replaced my sound card so I can listen to music as I assemble my scrap empire and finally, a new 500 gig hard drive to hoard away all my goodies. Did I say hoard? I meant to say O.R.G.A.N.I.Z.E. my stock. In addition, since no one around here truly understand me; I bought myself a Christmas present, a Wacom Bamboo Craft tablet. How awesome is that!?! I haven’t used it yet, I was saving it for when my computer was all pimped up so I’m breaking that bad boy out tomorrow. YaY!

It’s not as if I haven’t done anything this month, I did have time to scrap a few pages and take a few snapshots.
















Goals for February 2010
1. Organize entire scrapbook supplies
2. Open shop by the 14th
3. Five layouts a week
4. Four blog postings a week
5. Take a photo every day
6. Lose five more pounds
7. Design and finalize a logo

I’m sure there’s more I should be adding but six is a good start.

Love ya,
( =

1 comment:

  1. I wish you good luck with your goals. Love the layouts and the pictures are breathtaking. When the new site opens I'll be sure to head over and atleast take a look. BTW, that's awesome you got a tablet, I bet that will save a ton of time on some things.

    ReplyDelete