Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Dreaded Insomnia Phase


It’s nearly 5 am, it’s raining and I’ve been up for nearly three hours. I get this every once in awhile, insomnia. It may last for a couple days or a couple of weeks; I never know how long each bout will last. It wouldn’t bother me at all, I enjoy being up when it’s quiet but I am exhausted the next day(s). It’s so odd because I feel so sleepy but as soon as I hit the bed my mind goes off and simply will not quiet down. Thinking, thinking and more thinking. The thoughts just keep coming. Eventually, it ends. But, for now, here I am.

As I was perusing my usual sites, one of my favorites, Bakerella, has what looks like a simply scrumptious recipe for Snickerdoodle Cookie Cupcakes. Oh. My. God. How yum do these look?

(photo borrowed from Bakerella website)

If you have never visited this site, you are so missing out on, if nothing else, mouth-watering eye yummies. These cupcakes are definitely something I can see myself whipping up being as my family loves Snickerdoodles. Also, if you pop over before 7pm tonight you can enter to win a couple of Martha Stewart’s books (cookies and cupcakes). Pretty cool, huh? Bakerella

Sunday my dad called and invited me out to a concert featuring Mac Frampton. I’m not much of a classic music aficionado, even at my advanced age I’m more of a Warped Tour type chick, thus an afternoon spend with piano, bass and drums didn’t exactly sound like my cup of coffee. But, it was an invite from my widowed father who turns 79 in a few weeks, so of course, I went. Much to my surprise and delight, I loved it. A lot of classic, a few show tunes, some 70s television theme songs and a bit of gospel. It was wonderful. Mac Frampton (no relation to Peter) was wittily amusing, we had fabulous seats and my dad even treated me to a yummy dinner afterward. All in all, it was an absolutely charming outing.

Don’t forget, today is my Tuesdays With Tula, stop by to see what it’s all about.

Below are a few photos I snapped while waiting to go into the concert hall. Hope you like them.
















1 comment:

  1. Wow, this post was chocked full of wonderfulness. Those cookies looked sooo good and your pictures are lovely. Glad you had a good time with your dad. It's always fun when you enjoy something you didn't expect to like. :-)

    ReplyDelete