Monday, October 5, 2009


Happy First Monday in October!!

There’s a bit of a chill in the air around here. Can’t say I’m hating it, it’s wonderful snuggle weather and, other than scrappin’, there’s not much I like better than burrowing under a thick comforter with a cup of hot coffee devouring a good book. Toss in a couple of gingersnaps and I just might believe I’m in heaven. Yes, I am THAT easy to please.

The DH and I cruised over to Santa Paula to spend some time at the Faulkner Farm Pumpkin Patch/Farmer’s Market. It’s not something I usually do, being as my offspring are all grown up and out of the best and all but I enjoyed walking in the garden, listening to the country band, picking out a pumpkin and, of course, the corn maze. That was my first time in a corn maze. I had never even heard of them until my youngest was 10-ish, by then my children had no desire to romp within the corn stalks, at least that’s the story I got from them. Yesterday, I finally got to partake in the wonder of weaving in and out of 7 ft tall corn stalks. Gotta tell ya, it was a tad creepy. If I had done this as a child, I’d have been crying, at the very least, a whimper or two. I was a very sensitive child with a very vivid imagination. In an effort to lighten the mood, my mood anyway, I began called the kids stomping around ‘children of the corn’. Their parents didn’t seem to find it as funny as I did. Oh well, one cannot please everyone all the time..

Hit the grocery store for the weekly stock up, grabbed some lunch and headed home. Spent a restless evening moving between going to bed, getting up to working on the computer, going back to bed, trying to read, getting up to work on the computer. Ever have one of those nights when you just can’t get comfortable? It was like I had ‘restless leg syndrome’ all the way up to my brain. I simply could not settle down. Finally, I have no clue when, I finally fell asleep only to awaken moments later with a very chilly, half-shavened pooch pressed up against my back. Poor Pooder, she just can’t take the cold.

This morning I’ll leave you with a few photos from the farm before I attempt to finish at least one layout and work on a surprise. This Friday I promise to start a ‘Friday Freebie’ again. Maybe even the ‘Friday Fiver’.

Have a fabulous day!!











































1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the pumpkins and the sky through the corn stalks. I'm also very excited you're gonna start the Friday Freebie and potentially the Friday Fiver again.

    ReplyDelete